Civil servant in the department of administration is known as Indian Administrative Service Officer. This post is one of the best posts to be in government administration sector.
An exam held by central government is given to be an IAS Officer and posting are made on the state level. Its norms and condition are governed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
Aspirants Interested in this paper can read How to become an IAS Officer? To crack this exam and get selected in one of the most honoured post of India.
How to Become an IAS Officer? :
One of the toughest papers in Indian system of recruitment could be broken with a certain amount of effective studies in the field provided below:
Preparation for preliminary exam:
This exam consists of two portions:-
- General Studies
- Optional Subjects
For General studies:
- Consider the book on the topics of current affairs like pratiyogita darpan, competition success. Questions from the current topic are made relatively in the same manner.
- Books on civics, history and economics from class 11th and 12th of N.C.E.R.T. should be read as they contain the main knowledge of this portion.
- Read as many books as possible on general knowledge and try to solve the questions given in them without any help.
- You can also read newspapers and watch news daily for the same reason.
For optional Subjects:
- Optional subjects contain the portion of the subjects that you had done your graduation in.
- A selected syllabus is provided separately for this portion, so accordingly prepare the part of your previous studies rather than going through every topic of the books.
- Some might presume this portion to be the most important one but it is not so, general studies should be given more time as you already are familiar with this portion due to your academic qualifications.
Preparation for the Mains:
- Explore writing abilities as this paper is based on essay and paper writing.
- Two papers on English and Hindi language and 4 from your optional subjects should be prepared.
- Try to increase your speed of writing as these papers are lengthy.
- General essay are on the different topics like life of Mahatma Gandhi.
- In English and Hindi essays there is comprehensive writing.
- Rather than Hindi a language paper can be given for regional language test with same general or language based topics so be prepared for that portion.
After qualifying through these two rounds next big step is interview part. Most of the aspirants are rejected in this portion due to lack of their presence of mind.
- Be confident while giving any answer.
- Be fluent in English.
- Listen to each question very carefully.
- Maintain your eye contact and sit properly with discussion being mutual try to remain calm.
- Your technical skills will also help you here so be prepared to answer any technical question from your subject
Check Important IAS Updates
We hope that this information will help you to clear your IAS exam, be prepared and best of luck for the Exam.