ICSE Sample Papers for Class 9 2013: ICSE examinations are conducted by the council for the Indian school certificate examination. ICSE Board is a private or non-government board and conducts exam for the grade 10th. CBSE and ICSE boards are differing in terms of their content and approach but the ICSE board is considered the toughest board in India.
ICSE Examination is conducted for the seven subjects and each subject is classified in three groups. In each group there may be 1 to 3 papers, so the total number of papers will be between 8 to 12 in any ICSE Examination. In all the three group 1st is compulsory.
Sample Questions for class 9 2013
1. Solve the following quadratic equation for x and give your answer correct
to three significant figures:
2. An integer is chosen at random from 1 to 50. Find the probability that the
(i) divisible by 5
(ii) a perfect cube
(iii) a prime number.
3. Bosco wishes to start a 200 m2 rectangular vegetable garden. Since he has only 50 m barbed wire, he fences three sides of the rectangular garden
letting his house compound wall act as the fourth side of the fence. Find the dimensions of the garden.
4. Construct a triangle ABC, with AB = 6 cm, BC = 7 cm and Locate by construction the point P such that
(i) P is equidistant from B and C.
(ii) P is equidistant from AB and BC
(iii) Measure and record the length of PA.
(iv) ABC = 60 .
5. A (4,2), B(6,8) and C (8,4) are the vertices of a triangle ABC. Write down
the equation of the median of the triangle through A.
6. A fair dice is rolled. Find the probability of getting
(i) 3 on the face of the dice
(ii) an odd number on the face of the dice
(iii) a number greater than 1 on the face of the dice.