IAS Preparation 2014
- Union public service commission holds IAS Exam every year. Becoming an IAS officer requires preparation and hard work of many months or years as a student has to go through a tough selection procedure consisting of pre and main written exam followed by interview.
- Many aspirants face lots of confusion about the exact nature of questions that will be asked in IAS examination.
- All relevant updates and Information regarding IAS 2014 tips, study materials are well mentioned below by the team of privatejobshub.blogspot.in.
IAS exam is comprises of three stages:
- Preliminary exam (CSAT exam)
- Civil Services Mains exam
Tips for IAS Preparation
- Applicants need to plan what to do and How to do.
- Search or Collect latest Exam pattern and syllabus.
- Prepare the Data Base of most commonly asked Question.
- Try to understand the demand of the examination and prepare accordingly keeping in mind the syllabus.
- Have with you the mental advantage of reading a newspaper, but that too with the capability to leave out irrelevant news within seconds by just seeing the headline.
- The capability of preparation and reading newspaper can be enhanced by going through previous year question papers.
- Candidates have to show complete interest and enough commitment to win in the race to get the IAS rank.
- Self, confidence, persistence and self motivation are the key factors that can make the difference.
Books/Study material for IAS Preparation
- History books of Classes XI and XII – NCERT
- An Introduction to the Constitution of India D.D.Basu
- District administration by M.P. Narwan
- Social Problem in India - Ram Ahuja
- Indian Economy by Dutt and Sundaram
- Freedom Struggle (NET) – Bipin Chandra
- How to Become an IAS Officer? - Complete Details
- IAS Preparation Tips- Complete Details
- IAS Syllabus 2014- Complete Details
Note: You can check previous years question papers on UPSC official website