Current Affairs December 2014
This section is about Current Affairs December 2014 and especially designed to provide you a glimpse of the latest happenings in India and around the world. Question and Answers are also available.
Current Affairs are the Happenings and Miss Happenings which are occurring in the country and around the globe and that all the contenders want to know to get help in the competitive exams, interviews and to be updated.
The last month has brought some interesting current affairs that you should know if you are looking forward for some competitive exams in the upcoming months.
This current affair includes happenings like Iconic Mexican comedian Chespirito died at 85, Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Nepal, RBI released Guidelines for Licensing of Small Finance Banks in the Private Sector and many others.
Now, we are providing you some questions and answers related to the Current affairs December 2014 which may prove beneficial in preparations of competitive exams.
December 2014 Current Affairs Highlights
- RBI to sell 12000 crore rupees govt bonds through Open Market Operations
- Forest Owlet spotted in Western Ghats
- 37th Jamnalal Bajaj Foundation Awards for the year 2014 presented
- Iconic Mexican comedian Chespirito died at 85
- India and Mozambique signed MoU for cooperation in Oil and Gas sector
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited Nepal
- 18th SAARC Summit held in Kathmandu, Nepal
- SAARC Countries signed Energy Pact to ensure electricity trading through grid connectivity
- Telangana Assembly passed TS-iPASS Bill 2014
- RBI released guidelines for Licensing of Payments Banks
- Artists from 5 countries create artworks out of industrial scrap at Abhisaran
- India offered polio vaccine along with other deliverables for SAARC countries
- 18th SAARC Summit issued Kathmandu Declaration
- Crime novelist PD James died at the age of 94
- Two Indians authors among the list of five shortlisted for DSC Prize for the year 2015
- Book titled Your Dreams Are Mine Now: She Showed him What Love was released
- Book titled Black Tornado: The Three Sieges of Mumbai 26/11 released
- RBI released Guidelines for Licensing of Small Finance Banks in the Private Sector
- Anoop Mishra appointed as new Secretary General of Lok Sabha
- Rajya Sabha passed Apprentices (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Scientists at Katholieke University found new method to turn sawdust into petrol
- Lok Sabha passed Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014
- Union Government launched Electronic Travel Authorization Scheme for 43 countries
- Delhi & District Cricket Association re-appointed Yashpal Sharma as chairman
December 2014 Current Affair Question and Answers
Q1. With which Television Channel, The Independent Documentary Producers’ Association (IDPA) has signed a five year contract on 27th Nov’14 to showcase documentaries from across India?
Ans.) Doordarshan. Under the MoU, the documentary makers will be paid substantially, which will help them to recover their costs to an extent.
Q2. Who has been awarded with the “Bharat Asmita” award for contribution in the field of operations management, quantitative methods, data structures, algorithms and discrete mathematics?
Ans.) Trilochan Sashtri
Q.3 Name the Indian telecom company that has launched mobile security value added service that will allow its customers to track location of their lost mobile phones?
Ans.) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL)
Q.4. Name the district that officially became the 18th district of Arunachal Pradesh on 25th Nov’14?
Q5. How many countries will be eligible for the tourist visa on arrival facility enabled by electronic travel authorization launched on 27th Nov’14 in India?
Ans.) 43 Countries. It will make travel seamless and hassle-free for foreign tourist in India.
Q6. Philip Huges, Australian Cricketer who has passed away on 27th Nov’14 due to head injury played for which team?
Ans.) New South Wales
Q7. Name the Indian e-commerce company that is set to be acquired by Amazon Company?
Q.8 Name the book written by Indian President Pranab Mukherjee that will be published in the December’14?
Ans.) “The Dramatic Decade: The Indira Gandhi Years”
Q9. Name the State Bank of India's Mutual Fund scheme launched on 26th Nov’14 aimed at attracting investments from Muslim populations of India?
Ans.) Shariah Equity Fund
Q.10) Name the Pakistani Actress sentenced to 26 years of Jail for blasphemy on 26th Nov’14?