Scholarship for Minority Students in India 2013:
- The government of India every year distributes approx 2000 scholarships for minority students throughout the country based on population of these communities state wise.
- Those minority students who want to get these scholarships in 2013 or looking to renew it in 2013 can find this information from this page in detail.
- The new schemes proposed as a five year plan by the government for the minority group are given here by privatejobshub.blogspot.in:
Objectives: These are the main objectives to offer such Scholarship for Minority Students-
- Empowerment of minorities
Names of Schemes:
- Interest subsidy on Educational Loan for Overseas Studies
- Free Bicycle for class IX girl students.
- Scheme for clearing Prelims exams Conducted by UPSC/SSC, State Public Service Commission (PSC) etc.
- Students getting admission in a recognized college/university.
- A student getting this scholarship cannot avail any other government scholarship.
- Annual income of father/guardian should not exceed 2.50 lakhs.
- Student of a particular state will get scholarship for his place of residence and not for his place or the state where he is studying.
For more details on State wise distribution, eligibility, conditions for scholar ships, rate of scholarship, payment, other conditions for the award, procedure for applying, funding, courses offered and how to apply please refer following links:
Further, information regarding renewal, no. of states participating in scheme, community wise achievement of minorities, merit cum based scholarships, and other special schemes for minority women can be referred from above mentioned links.
Scholarships in India 2013