Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2014
University Grants Commission has decided to provide Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2014, in order to achieve and promote girls education. UGC invites online application form by those candidates (single girl child in family) who has taken admission in PG course.
What is Indira Gandhi Scholarship?
As we know The Govt. of India declared elementary education as a basic human right of every child, regarding this Union Government of India has taken many steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls. In order to meet them this scholarship is provided.
Value of Scholarship:
It will be of Rs.2000/- p.m. which will be provided for a period of two years only (10 months in the year) i.e. full duration of a PG course.
Who can apply?
Only those candidates (only girl child in their family) can apply who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Master's Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.
Age of the girl students should not be more than 30 years at the time of admission.
Some documents are stated in below section that you must have to submit during apply –
- An affidavit on Rs. 50/ Stamp paper, from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazatted Officer.
- A Joining report from College/University where student have taken admission to 1st year PG course
- Candidates need to logon the official website of the organization.
- Official website is www.ugc.ac.in.
- Check for the related notification and read that completely.
- Fill the online application form as per required details and submit it with all mandatory documents.
- Take a hard copy of form for future reference.
Dates to Remember:
All of you are advised to apply on or before the 15-10-2014.
Note: For more details, you can check the official link.
Scholarships in India 2014