Current Affairs October:
Hello friends! If you are looking for Current Affairs for October 2014 then no need to search anymore because this page is providing you Current Affairs October 2014 with questions and answers.
These days it is very important to be aware about what is happening around us. Also current affairs or general awareness is the essential section in any competitive / Entrance examination whatever it is CAT / MAT / UPSC / SSC / IBPS / Railway etc.
This page is made to cater you Current Affairs of October month which you can also download in PDF form. You can get it only a single place and prepare well for examination. So keep visiting continue on this page of privatejobshub, for Current Affairs Question with Answers
Devendra Fadnavis - 19th CM Of Maharashtra
Devendra Fadnavis - 19th CM Of Maharashtra
Latest October Month Current Affairs
- Former International cricket umpire Mohammad Ghouse died
- AP Government signed MoU with Google India for Digital AP project
- Year-Long Centenary Commemoration of Komagata Maru Incident Inaugurated
- Third Global Citizen Festival held in New York
- RBI announced fourth Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Statement 2014-15
- Tata motors Limited appointed Mayank Pareek as president of Passenger Vehicle Division
- Auto Portal Cardekho acquired Gaadi.com for 11 million US dollar
- India and the US issued Vision Statement to boost strategic ties
- World Tourism Day observed across the world
- Bhagat Singh’s last surviving sister Bibi Prakash Kaur died
- Himachal Pradesh government introduced Cage Culture Technique for fish farming
- Muthuraman Vice Chairman of Tata Steel retired
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa held guilty in disproportionate assets case
- Europe won 40th Ryder Cup in Gleneagles
- Justice Handyala Dattu sworn-in as new CJI
- World Heart Day observed globally on 29 September
- PM Narendra Modi addressed 69th session of UNGA in Hindi
- Panneerselvam sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Gunners Day observed on September 28
- President of Catalonia signed decree to hold independence referendum on 9 November
- Turkish Government imposed ban on tattoos and piercings in all schools
- Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai sworn in as president of Afghanistan
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated India Food Park in Tumkur
- Volcano Mount Ontake erupted in Japan
- Bangladesh government appointed Syed Muazzem Ali as its new Envoy to India
- Leander Paes and Marcin Matkowski won Malaysian Open doubles title of tennis
Current Affairs October 2014
1. India and China agreed to open a new route for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra during the visit of Chinese President Xi Jingping to India. As per the agreement, the new route will be through?
A. Nathula Pass
B. Lipulekh Pass
C. Spanggur Gap
D. Shipkila Pass
2. Name the Music Maestro Mandolin player who died on 19 September 2014 in Chennai following a failed liver transplant at the age of 45?
A. Uppalapu Srinivas
B. Dave Apollon
C. Ricky Skaggs
D. None of the above
3. Which State government on 19 September 2014 launched a Unicode based mobile app for android phones to promote the language spoken in the State?
A. Andhra Pradesh
B. Tamil Nadu
4. The 17th Asian Games is supposed to be held in?
A. Doha, Qatar
B. Incheon, South Korea
C. New Delhi, India
D. Guangzhou, China
5. Name the youngest Indian sailor who will represent India in 17th Asian Games 2014?
A. Abigail Jillian
B. Chitresh Tatha
C. Vir Menon
D. Jillian Schlesinger
6. Recently, Indian sand artist Sudarsan Pattnaik won the People’s Choice prize at the World Cup of Sand Sculpting-2014 in US. He won prize for his work ____?
A. Save Tree, Enrich Green
B. Save Tree, Save the Future
C. Save Water, Save the Future
D. Save Water, Save the Life
7. India’s Saina Nehwal clinched the women’s single title at the Australian Badminton Open Super series by defeating ___?
A. Carolina Marin
B. LI Xuerui
C. Wang Yihan
D. BAE Yeon Ju
8. The major tribal bodies of which State on 8 September 2014 rejected the demand for a separate State called Twipraland?
A. Madhya Pradesh
B. Arunachal Pradesh
9. Which state recently made it mandatory for women to wear helmets while riding a two-wheeler?
10. Recently, the power ministry has set up a seven-member panel called “Advisory Group for Integrated Development of Power, Coal and Renewable Energy” to look into issues related power sector. The chairman of the advisory group is _____?
A. Suresh Prabhu
B. Pratyush Sinha
C. Anil Baijal
D. Partha S Bhattacharya
11. Ramanayaran who passed away recently, was a famous film director in ___?
12. Recently, which among the following Indian Airliners has joined global airline body Star Alliance?
A. Air India
D. Jet Airways
13. Recently, the government of India has extended the ban on imports of milk and its products from China for one more year till 2015. The ban has imposed due to presence of _____?
C. Magnesium Sulphate
14. Vinod Kumar Duggal resigned as the Governor of which State?
B. Madhya Pradesh
15. Recently India and ASEAN signed an agreement to strengthen trade relations. In this context, which of the following Free Trade Agreement (FTA) is not signed between India and ASEAN countries?
A. Free Trade Agreement in services
B. Free Trade Agreement in investments
C. Free Trade Agreement in goods
D. Free Trade Agreement in manpower
16. Who among the following has become the first Indian to win three medals in successive ISSF Shooting World Cup?
A. P N Prakash
B. Jitu Roy
C. Saurav Roy
D. Prashant Jain
17. The theme of World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought 2014 is ___?
A. Land Belongs to the Future – Let’s Climate Proof It
B. Land Degradation – Let’s join hand together to prevent it
C. Combating land degradation for sustainable agriculture
D. Desertification and Climate Change – One Global Challenge
18. The “Salar Jung Museum”, which has turned 125 years of foundation recently, is in ____?
19. Who among the following has won the prestigious Pen Pinter Prize-2014?
A. Salman Rushdie
B. Ronald Clipp
C. Arundathi Roy
D. J K Rowling
20. According SEBI new slew of reforms all listed companies including PSU’s must have public shareholding of ___ per cent. Fill the blank with correct option?
D. Twenty Five