Current Affairs September 2014:
Current Affairs are the central part of our lives as it helps us to stay connected with the whole world. We should be aware of latest happenings of the world, so here on this page we are supplying latest Current Affairs September 2014.
Candidates if you are preparing for any competitive examination, the current affairs questions and answers we’ve provided on this page will be useful for you which are based on the recent happenings news.
There are lots of visitors who want to read current affairs to increase their general knowledge because questions on current affairs are mostly asked in competitive exams and Interviews conducted by various Government and Private Organizations.
In the lack of the general knowledge, applicants can’t pass these examinations, so we need to stay updated with latest occurrences and it will possible with the easy accessibility of current news.
Latest Current Affairs:
- Supreme Court rejected the plea of the Gujarat government on moving Gir lions
- President Pranab Mukherjee presented National Sports Awards to eminent sportsperson
- Prime Minister launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)
- Union Government appointed JIC chief RN Ravi as Naga interlocutor
- CBDT set up four-member Committee to scrutinize retrospective tax amendment
- India Signed agreement with World Bank for MSRPII project
- NASA’s scientists developed SMAP satellite to combat Drought
- French President François Hollande named the new French government
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved Urea Production from Naphta
- China detected tunnels in Xinjiang province and North Korean borders
- Maharashtra Government included 10 Sub- Caste of Lingayat community in OBC category
- Delhi Government made it mandatory for women to wear helmet in Delhi NCR
Questions and Answers on Current Affairs:
Que-1: According to 2014 Nuclear Materials Security Index prepared by Washington-based Nuclear Threat Initiative, what is the new rank of India out of 25 countries with weapons-usable nuclear materials?
Que-2: Which British actor and director whose dream project Gandhi won 8 Oscars, passed away last week?
A. George Arliss
B. Rowan Atkinson
C. Richard Attenborough
D. Felix Aylmer
Que-3: With which among the following countries, India shares the longest boundary?
Que-4: Who is / was the first woman judge of Supreme Court of India?
A. Justice Gyan Sudha Mishra
B. Justice Fathima Beebi
C. Justice Ranjana Prakash Desai
D. Justice R. Banumathi
Que-5: “Bharat” the new hindi domain launched by Government of India will initially cover 8 Indian languages. Which among the following languages is not included in them?
Que-6: Which of the following statements is /are true about Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
1. Citizens don't need a minimum balance to open bank accounts
2. An overdraft facility of Rs. 1 lakh for Aadhar enabled accounts
3. An additional insurance cover of Rs. 30,000 for all those who open accounts before January 26, 2014
Select the correct option from the codes given below:
A. 1 and 2
B. 1 and 3
C. Only 2
D. Only 3
Que-7: Japanese PM Shinzo Abe will host a traditional Japanese tea ceremony as a rare honor for PM Modi. It is known as:
Que-8: Who among the following is a noted Carnatic flute artist?
A. MS Subbulakshmi
C. Sikkil Mala Chandrashekhar
D. Sri Lalgudi Jayarama Iyer
Que-9: Mount Sinjar, which was recently making news, is located in __?
Que-10: The Indian government has announced its plans to set-up a high speed train corridor. Currently, what is the maximum speed of long-distance Indian trains?
A. 90-100 kmph
B. 100-120 kmph
C. 70-80 kmph
D. 80-90 kmph